Here are some fun facts about sunscreen
- Sunscreen is most important from 10am-2pm when sun rays are the strongest but it’s important to know even on a cloudy day you can still get burned.
- It’s best to apply sunscreen 1/2 hour before going out and reapply every 2-3 hours.
- Use an SPF of a minimum of 30 or greater with broad spectrum A & B protection.
- If you are going to be in water or actively sweating it’s best to use a waterproof or sweatproof sunscreen.
- For oily skin or acne prone skin use a gel or spray based sunscreen, for dry skin a cream or lotion is better.
- For sensitive skin it’s best to use a physical sunscreen (like micronized zinc oxide) as opposed to a chemical one.
We are now offering virtual TeleMedicine visits! Book your In-Office or TeleDermatology appointment today by calling us at 330-425-7600.