Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend! With the weather warming up you’ll probably be spending more time outside so I just wanted to give you some important sun protection tips. They’re easy to remember.
The 5 S’s of Sun Safety
- SLIP on a T-shirt with a tight weave light weight cotton fabric or better yet a sun protection long sleeve shirt with a UPF of 50.
- SLOP on a broad spectrum UVA & B waterproof sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. Apply 1/2 hour before going outside & reapply every 2-3 hours and after swimming or sweating. It doesn’t take a lot. A shot glass amount should cover an entire adult body.
- SLAP on a broad brimmed hat to help protect your face, scalp, neck & ears.
- SEEK some shade especially between the hours of 10am-2pm when the sun is the strongest. You can still get burned even on a cloudy day or from the reflection off water and snow.
- SLIDE on a pair of wrap around sunglasses. Protecting your eyes is as important as protecting your skin. Look for a UV400 label which is the highest level of protection and blocks out 100% of harmful sun rays.
We have re-opened the office for those who need to come in. TeleMedicine appointments are available for other issues. Please call our office at (330) 425-7600 to schedule an appointment.